The vocabulary, awareness, as well as emotional and behavioural difficulties adopted by children should be incorporated into the education, training, and development of caretakers and other staff involved in this task. The psycho-social perspective provides an overall tool that can collect important information about children and adolescents. The principles of values and empowerment are central to good practice in assessing the mental health of children. Child-centric family-run services help these children thrive in their homes, schools and communities, where they receive inpatient care or are placed in foster care.
The commonly seen mental issues in children are:
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Appropriate care provided at the right times gives them more confidence and helps them enjoy a happy childhood. Our team at Kayda Care will do all that is possible to bring back the innocent smile on their faces.
Child Mental Health Services Include:
- Support for Children and Families:
We understand how difficult it is for a family to care for children with mental illness. Family members need great support as much as the children and that’s where we step in. Children between the age of 0-11 who are suffering from mental illness can be difficult to handle. Their perspective may not be the same as an adult and in most cases, they just cannot be convinced through verbal communication. At Kayda Care in Melbourne and Brisbane, our experts can handle their emotional imbalances well, providing them support that they need. We endeavour to help them adapt to social life and aid their academic performances.
- Awareness for Families:
When the children in a family are suffering from mental illness, the family members also face great stress and anxiety to get along with them. In such cases, adults need appropriate guidance on handling their kids. Kayda Care provides great support for the families in Melbourne and Brisbane. Our experts guide them for short, medium and long durations as needed. We follow specific strategies like group and individual activities to provide the family and children with maximum care and support. If required, we can give references to such families to seek guidance from other specialists.
- Help Mothers to Manage Motherhood and Their Mental Health:
Aside from children, it is the mother who undergoes confusion and dilemma on how to manage these things. They need equal care and support as their mental health is also deeply affected. We offer assistance for diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illnesses and disabilities in children and give mothers advice on domestic violence and/or substance use.
How To Access These Services:
We provide a wide variety of development and well-being programs for the kids:
- Counselling for Child: Counselling offers children a space to talk about their thoughts and feelings in a safe environment. It helps them to share any problems/concerns they may have and also improve their confidence and self-esteem. Our experts understand the children and use techniques to give them counselling.
- Counselling for Parents and Family: It is a common scenario where families who require care and support in handling the child’s mental wellbeing need a trusted professional service to help. Our qualified staff are well trained to offer friendly counselling sessions in Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Community Programmes: Community programmes play a crucial role in improving mental health awareness, supporting recovery and preventing mental disorders. That is the reason international action plans and guidelines emphasise community mental health care. We offer community programs that bring meaningful change in people’s lives.
- Group Activities: Based on the age group in which a child belongs, we organise group activities focusing on the area they need special attention and care. This helps them integrate themselves into the peer group and communicate with them.
Why Trust Kayda Care For Your Child’s Mental Wellbeing?
Kayda Care has a team of experts who are passionate to help people with intellectual disabilities in leading a meaningful life. Here are some reasons we are among the best NDIS service providers in Melbourne and Brisbane:
Regional Mental Health Provider
Support for non-NDIS customers
Customised support service
Call our friendly team on 0477 200 010 or drop us an email at email@example.com for more details today!